What is a passion project you may ask?
Here is an outline explaining the expectations of passion projects, but in a nutshell here is how it works.
- Students select a task or skill in which they want to learn something new. (presently guided by umbrella topic given by teacher.)
- Students generate an essential and researchable question about their interest and topic
- Students research and complete the task within the time frame outlined and with the resources available.
- Students keep a reflection log of their learning journey outlining their successes and failures using resources, understanding information, and what they have learned....
- Students keep information collected in a GoogleDoc for easy storage and access.
- Students put together a presentation outlining their learning journey and outcomes from their research which can include videos, photos, Power Points, Google Presentations, activities, games or other approved projects.
- Students share, teach and inspire others!